Paricutin: A mountain in a year

MisLed

Paricutin: A mountain in a year

#1 Post by MisLed » February 23rd, 2014, 6:08 pm

http://creation.com/mount-paricutin

IN 1943, a Mexican farmer was working in a field with his wife and son when he was astonished to see a small fissure suddenly open up in the ground in front of him. The trio were then rocked by a thunderous roar which shook the trees. The soil around the fissure bulged upwards 2 metres (6½ feet), the crack gaped wide open, and ash began blasting out. An horrific wailing or whistling sound commenced, building in intensity, and the air was quickly filled with dark ‘smoke’ and acrid vapours smelling of rotting eggs (hydrogen sulfide H2S). It was as if the end of the world had begun.

In the farmer’s own words: “I then became greatly frightened … I couldn’t find my wife, or my son, or my animals. At last I came to my senses and I remembered the sacred Lord of the Miracles. I shouted out ‘Blessed Lord of the Miracles, you brought me into this world—now save me!’ … I looked into the fissure where the smoke was rising and my fear disappeared for the first time … I mounted my mare and galloped to [the village of] Parícutin where I found my wife and son and friends waiting for me. They were afraid that I was dead and that they would never see me again.”1

A volcano begins

The farmer’s name was Dionisio Pulido, and he had just witnessed, with his wife Paula, the birth of a completely new volcano. The volcano came to be known as Parícutin, after his village

read more at the above link.
No Way, No How, NoBama. KEEP the Change!

B. Obama: Half Honkey, All Donkey

OneBigAssMistakeAmerica

Rudy2D

Re: Paricutin: A mountain in a year

#2 Post by Rudy2D » February 23rd, 2014, 7:57 pm

Y'all gotta see this; one of the funniest flicks ever; dirt-poor Mexican bean-farmer takes on the powers-that-be: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095638/
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. ~Pr. 3:5-6

Love animals; God has given them the rudiments of thought and joy untroubled. ~Dostoyevsky

MisLed

#3 Post by MisLed » February 24th, 2014, 9:13 am

is that a true story?
No Way, No How, NoBama. KEEP the Change!

B. Obama: Half Honkey, All Donkey

OneBigAssMistakeAmerica

Rudy2D

#4 Post by Rudy2D » February 24th, 2014, 9:30 pm

MisLed wrote:is that a true story?
Don't know--but it's one hell of a funny flick. :D
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. ~Pr. 3:5-6

Love animals; God has given them the rudiments of thought and joy untroubled. ~Dostoyevsky