Can't post a picture in profile

MsNW

Re: Can't post a picture in profile

#21 Post by MsNW » October 10th, 2011, 4:30 pm

I did it!!! I clicked on YOUR version of it, then "properties" and copied THAT link of yours and pasted and voila! My God, what a lot of work. I guess if I want to change it, I'll have to go through Rudy now. Geez.

Rudy2D

#22 Post by Rudy2D » October 10th, 2011, 4:35 pm

MsNW wrote:I did it!!! I clicked on YOUR version of it, then "properties" and copied THAT link of yours and pasted and voila! My God, what a lot of work. I guess if I want to change it, I'll have to go through Rudy now. Geez.
:lol: Good grief.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. ~Pr. 3:5-6

Love animals; God has given them the rudiments of thought and joy untroubled. ~Dostoyevsky

MsNW

#23 Post by MsNW » October 10th, 2011, 4:43 pm

Rudy2D wrote:
MsNW wrote:I did it!!! I clicked on YOUR version of it, then "properties" and copied THAT link of yours and pasted and voila! My God, what a lot of work. I guess if I want to change it, I'll have to go through Rudy now. Geez.
:lol: Good grief.

I know it. But you can't say I'm a quitter or a giver upper at least. I keep on truckin' til I get it!

Rudy2D

#24 Post by Rudy2D » October 10th, 2011, 4:58 pm

Proud of ya. Now read my PM. ;)
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. ~Pr. 3:5-6

Love animals; God has given them the rudiments of thought and joy untroubled. ~Dostoyevsky

MsNW

#25 Post by MsNW » October 10th, 2011, 5:33 pm

Rudy2D wrote:Proud of ya. Now read my PM. ;)
I did and I successfully changed the pic to Mt. Hood as viewed from the Ptarmigan Trail at Mt. St. Helens. Fought it to get it reduced in size, but it worked.

Rudy2D

#26 Post by Rudy2D » October 10th, 2011, 5:34 pm

Wow. That's gorgeous.

MisLed

#27 Post by MisLed » January 3rd, 2012, 11:32 pm

Look at the different posts in this topic. Some are able to be edited and some are not. W. T. H

In other forums it looks like some topics can be edited and some cannot. I'll have to go back and see if only some members are allowed to edit.
No Way, No How, NoBama. KEEP the Change!

B. Obama: Half Honkey, All Donkey

OneBigAssMistakeAmerica

JustPassinThru

#28 Post by JustPassinThru » January 4th, 2012, 12:03 am

MisLed wrote:Look at the different posts in this topic. Some are able to be edited and some are not. W. T. H

In other forums it looks like some topics can be edited and some cannot. I'll have to go back and see if only some members are allowed to edit.
Occasionally a thread cannot be added to, either.

Happened to me twice. No indication it was locked; nothing changed on my computer; I was able to post on other threads.

Software glitch.

FearandLoathing

#29 Post by FearandLoathing » January 9th, 2012, 2:11 pm

Rudy2D wrote:
MsNW wrote:No spot that says "browse" to choose some picture for my avatar. Am I missing it?
Go to "User Control Panel."

Click "Profile."

Click "Edit avatar."

Read "Maximum dimensions; width: 90 pixels, height: 90 pixels, file size: 6.00 KiB." Make sure your pic is no bigger than specified.

Go to http://photobucket.com/ and sign in/register. Upload your pic.

Put your cursor on the uploaded image. The go to the yellow box in the pop-up and click.

Come back to "Edit avatar." Paste your image url in the box.

I think the point is that you cannot go to your own computer and download a favorite.

I came here as part of a group but for another purpose but I find the site is hard to read and hard to negotiate.

Rudy2D

#30 Post by Rudy2D » January 9th, 2012, 5:55 pm

FearandLoathing wrote:
Rudy2D wrote:
MsNW wrote:No spot that says "browse" to choose some picture for my avatar. Am I missing it?
Go to "User Control Panel."

Click "Profile."

Click "Edit avatar."

Read "Maximum dimensions; width: 90 pixels, height: 90 pixels, file size: 6.00 KiB." Make sure your pic is no bigger than specified.

Go to http://photobucket.com/ and sign in/register. Upload your pic.

Put your cursor on the uploaded image. The go to the yellow box in the pop-up and click.

Come back to "Edit avatar." Paste your image url in the box.

I think the point is that you cannot go to your own computer and download a favorite.

The "point" has been addressed and resolved. You didn't read the entire thread.
FearandLoathing wrote:I came here as part of a group but for another purpose but I find the site is hard to read and hard to negotiate.
Life is unfair.